Clubcard - Detailed Terms and Conditions
We collect and use personal information, plus details on how you use your Star Bazaar Clubcard and what you buy in
our store to enable us to :
Clubcard are issued by and remain the property of Trent Hypermarket Private Limited (hereafter referred as 'THPL') which reserves the right,
at any time without notice, to:
(a) terminate the scheme;
(b) decline to issue Clubcard cards;
(c) refuse membership to an applicant without assigning any reason; and
(d) withdraw or cancel Clubcard cards or points collected, or to alter or amend the conditions of operation of
the Clubcard scheme resulting out of
(i) any abuse or attempted abuse of the scheme, or
(ii) any use or attempted use of a Clubcard card or points in a manner which is contrary to these terms and conditions or
(iii) any reasonable suspicion of dishonesty on the part of a member in connection with the scheme.
To be eligible for membership of the Clubcard,
- The Clubcard card is not transferable, and can only be used by the person whose signature is on the application form and
cardholder’s immediate family.
- Members may be removed from the scheme at any time at the discretion of THPL.
- Members may be entitled, from time to time, to special privileges and discount offers created specifically for Clubcard members.
- The Clubcard card can only be used at Star Bazaar stores and any promotional / program partners who may from time to time be part
of the scheme.
- Clubcard is not a credit, debit or cheque guarantee card, it is only a membership identification card. This card cannot be exchanged
for cash or cheque or any other credit facility.
- The Clubcard scheme is only for personal and consumer use. Clubcard Points cannot be transferred, sold or in any way traded.
- Your Clubcard card cannot be used for any transaction where the beneficiary is a business and/or the owners of a business.
- Your Clubcard card can be used for institutional/bulk sales transaction only if full rates are paid against merchandise bought
and discount of any nature is not allowed.
- Clubcard card remains the responsibility of the main cardholder.
- To collect points for a transaction in-store, your Clubcard card must be presented at the checkout before payment.
- Points cannot be retroactively credited after completion of the transaction.
- Points collected on Supplementary or Add-On cards, if any, linked to the main cardholder’s account will be credited to the
main cardholder’s account.
- Points are earned on the net invoice amount paid net of redemption of gift vouchers and loyalty points.
- Other tender types and certain products may also be excluded from the scheme at the discretion of THPL.
- One point will be rewarded for every Rs. 200 that is spent at Star Bazaar. This can be altered at the discretion of THPL.
THPL shall be entitled to set a limit on the number of points which may be awarded to each Clubcard account in respect of
special promotional items on which additional points are awarded.
- THPL shall be entitled at any time to cancel points awarded if relevant products to which such award related are returned or
cancelled for any reason and a refund of the purchase price is given or if the products are exchanged for other products,
unless such exchange is for products with an equivalent points value.
- Where the relevant products are exchanged for products of a lower points value THPL shall be
entitled to cancel the balance of points between those originally collected and those collected in respect of the replacement
- Where points can be collected with our partners other terms and conditions may apply. Benefits available through program partners
may change from time to time and be withdrawn without prior intimation.
- THPL shall not be responsible for any liability arising out of such situations or from use of such offers nor does it make any
representation regarding the quality of benefits offered by its alliance partners.
- Redemption of points:
- • The current redemption value of points is one point equals one Rupee. THPL reserves the right to vary the rate at any time.
- • Points cannot be redeemed for cash. Points can only be redeemed for gift vouchers or as store credit against purchases made.
- • It takes between 2 to 4 working days to credit points for the purchases made by you, after which the points will
become available for redemption.
- • Members can redeem points at any time within the validity period.
- • Members must be present in person at the time of redemption and produce their membership card.
- • Members will be required to sign the relevant cash memo. The signature must match with that on the reverse of the card.
Additionally, the cashier has the right to ask security questions based on the information provided by you in this form
or ask you to produce valid identification to ascertain identity of the member and prevent
misuse of your card.
- • Stores shall have the right to deny you the benefits of the card in case of failure to prove identity.
- • Points remain valid for a period of two years, after which they start expiring in the order in which they were
Expired points cannot be reinstated nor redeemed. There will be no compensation for or reinstatement of expired points.
General Terms & Conditions
The member agrees that by participating in the Program or by quoting the membership number confirms that all Program terms and
conditions, participation rules, and processes have been read, understood, and that the member is bound by them. Star Bazaar
Clubcard is the loyalty programme of THPL, having its Corporate Office at Commercial Tower-2, Kohinoor City, Kirol Road, Kurla
(West), Mumbai - 400 070. Any disputes arising would be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of competent courts in Mumbai only.
Loss of card must be immediately reported at the Customer Service Desk at the nearest store. To update your address, contact
numbers or any other personal details, put in your request at the Customer Service Desk or email us your updated information
at firstname.lastname@example.org. THPL assumes that the contact details given by the member are correct and THPL bears no responsibility
for any member not receiving any communication or reading any communication.